My CV in Visualizeme
2012: Degree in Translation and Interpreting (EN/FR>ES) from the University Jaume I (Castellón de la Plana, Spain).
- One semester at Alfred University (New York) within an exchange program.
- Since June 2013: Linguistic QA for Language Connect.
- Linguistic QA of translated comics from Marvel (Spiderman, The Avengers, Iron Man, X-Men...), Archie, Peanuts and Ape Entertainment.
- Since November 2012: Translator and linguistic QA for JBI Studios.
- EN>ES translations of texts to be recorded (voice-over or dubbing). QA of (voice-overs), videos, Flash/web and multimedia.
- September-October 2012: Project Manager Intern at JBI Studios (Los Angeles, CA).
- Undertaking tasks related to project management: formatting scripts, preparing the recording sessions, contacting the talents, directing recording sessions, doing the QA of audios, videos, Flash/web and multimedia, proofreading translations, transcribing, subtitling, etc. In charge of directing all the recording sessions in Spanish for a voice recognition software.
- 2009-2012: collaborations as EN<>ES translator and interpreter at ITTAF (International Traditional Taekwon-Do Federation).
- Writing and translating different kind of documents (letters, e-mails, news articles, rules, minutes…). Interpreting in meetings and competitions. Direction of the First ITTAF World Congress (Umag, Croacia).
- November-December 2011: Research Intern at the Department of Translation and Communication at the University Jaume I.
- Research tasks related to the translation field. Updating the website.
- 2006-2012: collaborations as EN<>ES translator and interpreter at FETTAMT (Federación Española de Taekwon-Do Tradicional y Artes Marciales Tradicionales).
- Writing and translating different kind of documents (letters, e-mails, news articles, rules, minutes…). Interpreting in meetings and competitions. Maintaining and updating the website.
- Computer-Assisted Tools: MemoQ, OmegaT, Google Translator Kit.
- Subtitling: Subtitle Workshop, Aegisub.
- Office Suites: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org.
- Web Programming: knowledge of HTML.
- Dubbing and Voice-over Workshop (6 hours). University Jaume I.
- Subtitling for Film Festivals (12 hours). University Jaume I.
- Translation and Proofreading Tools Applied to Legal Translation EN>ES (15 hours). University Jaume I.
- Seminar in Consecutive Interpreting (15 hours). University Jaume I.
- Video Game Localization Workshop: Techniques, Tools and Resources for Translators (12 hours). University Jaume I.
KNOWLEDGE OF OTHER LANGUAGES
Valencian: mother tongue